At RightWay, we have created a fantastic working model ensuring that we base everything we do around what’s best for the client and what will help to add value to their business. At the same time, we offer our team a flexible and supportive working environment with opportunities to grow and develop their career.
We provide a full range of accounting compliance and planning services to customers throughout the region and beyond. Our customers are successful SME and high-end businesses operating across a range of industries.
About the Role
As a result of internal progression, we are looking for a Bookkeeper who will assist our customers with the ongoing financial recording and management of transactions that keep their business running smoothly. Your typical day will extend beyond data entry into the realm of providing automated process and efficiency to our business owners. We are interested in individuals who are customer centric and team focused.
While the role is ideally based in our Christchurch office, working from our Ashburton location is also an option for the right person. The role is up to full-time, so may suit someone seeking either part-time or full-time hours.
Key Duties include;
- Accurate data entry and data management including the importing and exporting of data from other client internal systems
- Managing payable and receivable invoices including entry and batch payments
- Completing bank reconciliations
- Managing cashflow, including the identification of payments and receipts and providing accurate and value adding advice to business owners
- Completion of all payroll and PAYE returns
- Accurate document management of Xero and online files
- Report management via Xero and Spotlight
- NZ Companies Office management on behalf of customers
- Preparation of GST returns
- Management of budget preparation and maintenance for designated customers
- Management of cashflow reporting and forecasting
- Overseeing the implementation of software within customer businesses including recommendations and assistance regarding Xero add-on’s
- Provision of effective Xero training to customers and/or their internal staff
- Automation of all bookkeeping functions where possible.
Skills, Behaviours and Experience
- A minimum of two years generalist bookkeeping experience
- Experience working with financial data in order to improve efficiency for our customers
- Public practice experience and experience with NZ financial records as relevant to the SME environment
- Able to create and maintain strong working relationships with customers, external suppliers, and internal colleagues
- Able to prioritise and manage workload effectively and to specified deadlines
- Adept at remaining focused on the end task and desired results
- Effective at identifying problems and providing appropriate solutions
- Knowledgeable and experienced in using Xero.
- A unique and flexible work environment
- The chance to excel in your chosen profession (internal promotion is common at RightWay)
- Competitive remuneration
- Positive, creative, and fun team.
If you want to be part of the RightWay team, and are passionate about helping customers, contact Rachel Harris email@example.com for a confidential discussion.